Covid-19 is dangerously impacting the social-economic category of musicians. No concerts, poor political and social consideration, uncertain earnings. As a consequence, an ever-growing number of musicians, especially those from the experimental area, are trying to promote their music on BandCamp in digital format only. It is increasingly difficult for me to follow and review this incredible flow of music. I therefore decided to open this section on my blog Neuguitars where I propose music in digital format that I consider particularly interesting and worthy of attention. I hope you like it. Let’s support musicians. They need it.
COVID-? Project. Cooperative Opportune Valuable Improvisation Dialogs, BandCamp, 2020 on #neuguitars #blog
Work in progress.
COVID-? is a way to transfigure the name of the virus, to create again and again and to send a little vitality to the world with the hope that the pandemic will bring about profound changes in our money-hungry economic system. The guitar because it is everywhere. Each culture has appropriated it in its style unchanged for about 170 years (Torres, Martin). Here often pushed to its limits, sometimes unrecognizable, it is a gateway to good trip, a link that un-confines. I ask some guitarists and drummers around the whole world to send me a 3 minutes acoustic guitar improvisation, using 3 objects or not. For the drummers the acoustic guitar is considered a percussion instrument.
All kind of gear is suitable for recording.
I add my own improvisations on the tracks I receive and mix.
This gives virtual duets that I publish for free on Bandcamp before they are released for free by the Spanish netlabel Alina records.
I am indebted to all the contributors I deeply thank for their welcome and generosity.
It’s really a great adventure to meet many of them by their music.
Their sound is the mirror of their soul.
released March 24, 2020
Please click on the title for more information about a track.
Better to listen to in track order because it’s a journey that goes from a place to another place with steps and mysterious logic development.
68 contributors from 22 countries till now:
All tracks: Christian Vasseur (France), guitars, objects, mix.
Mostly left channel, panoramic sometimes.
No electronic, no re-recording, no effect except reverb.
Delay on track 21 and crackling on track 15.
1) Philippe Lenglet, guitarist (France)
2) Jeff Gburek, guitarist (USA, Poland)
3) Klumbsy OXX, guitarist (South Africa)
4) Christiaan De Jong, guitarist (Nederland, Spain)
5) Mano Kinze, guitarist (Germany)
6) Sebastian Sequoiah Grayson, guitarist (Australia)
7) Sharif Sehnaoui, guitarist (Liban)
8) Adolfo La Volpe, guitarist (Italy)
9) David Bausseron, guitarist (France)
10) Christophe Meulien, guitarist (France)
11) Nick Ashwood, guitarist (Australia)
12) Pascal Marzan, guitarist (France)
13) Marjorie Van Halteren, performer (USA, France)
14) Andreas Willers, guitarist (Germany)
15) John Jasnoch, guitarist (UK)
16) Shin’ichi Isohata, guitarist (Japan)
17) Eric Mimosa, guitarist (France)
18) Charlie Beresford, guitarist (UK)
19) Sergio Sorrentino, guitarist (Italy)
20) Gaku Yamada, guitarist (Japan)
21) Ludovic Montet, drummer (France)
22) Patrick Sourdeval, performer (Fance)
23) Hadrien Guenin, guitarist (France)
24) Marti Uibo, drummer (France)
25) Kawol Samarkandi, guitarist (Japan)
26) Nat Grant, drummer (Australia)
27) Pengboon Don, guitarist (Thailand)
28) Fred Loisel, drummer, guitarist (France)
29) Scott Fields, guitarist (USA, Germany)
30) Raphaël Godeau, guitarist (France)
31) Adrien Dennefeld, guitarist (Fance)
32) Stefan Schmidt, guitarist (Germany)
33) Nils Etienne, guitarist (France, Czech republic)
34) Christelle Séry, guitarist (France)
35) Rob MacKillop, guitarist (UK, Scotland)
36) Paulo Chagas, guitarist (Portugal)
37) Charlie Rauh, guitarist (USA)
38) Nataly Makovskaya, guitarist (Russia, Fance)
39) Gilbert Isbin, guitarist (Belgium)
40) Richard Bonnet, guitarist (France)
41) Thomas Barrière, guitarist (France)
42) Bruno Duplant, performer (France)
43) Falter Bramnk, pianist playing a guitar (France)
44) Dominique Vasseur, recorder player playing a guitar (France)
45) Pascal Bréchet, guitarist (France)
46) Sébastien Beaumont, guitarist (France)
47) Janet Feder, guitarist (USA)
48) Patrick Michalik, drummer playing a guitar (France)
49) Guram Machavariani, guitarist (Georgia)
50) Pierre Denjean, guitarist (France)
51) Joshua Weitzel, guitarist (Germany)
John Russell, guitarist (UK)
Quentin Conrate, drummer (Fance)
Ivan Cruz, guitarist (France)
Miguel Copon, guitarist (Spain)
Camel Zekri, guitarist (France)
Paul Metzger, guitarist, banjoist (USA)
Astrid Zeman, guitarist (Australia)
Naoto Yamagishi, drummer (Japan)
Zahra Mahni, bass guitarist (UK, Austria)
Fredrik Kinbom, guitarist (Germany)
Barbi Rooza, guitariste (France)
Alcides Larrocha, guitarist (Argentina)
Marcelo Dos Reis, guitarist (Portugal)
Raymond Boni, guitarist (France)
Kevin Kastning, guitarist (USA)
Ross Lambert, guitarist (UK)
Giannis Arapis, guitarist (Greece)
Caroline Delume, guitarist (France)
Olga Nosova, drummer (Germany)
Gaspard Furlan, guitarist (France)
Michel Audourd, plastic artist loving playing drums (France)
To be continued !