Covid-19 is dangerously impacting the social-economic category of musicians. No concerts, poor political and social consideration, uncertain earnings. As a consequence, an ever-growing number of musicians, especially those from the experimental area, are trying to promote their music on BandCamp in digital format only. It is increasingly difficult for me to follow and review this incredible flow of music. I therefore decided to open this section on my blog Neuguitars where I propose music in digital format that I consider particularly interesting and worthy of attention. I hope you like it. Let’s support musicians. They need it.
Dark Indicator II – a collection of guitar & string drones by Various Artists, Silent Records, 2020 on #neuguitars #blog
1. CZLT – Junkyard: Chapter Zero 08:36
2. Gerard Pape – Cello, Double Cello (for Jean Baptiste) 08:21
3. Glenn Weyant – Mictlantecuhtli 10:06
4. Kawabata Makoto – The Dark Side of the Moon River 11:52
5. Khem One – Heliodronus 06:18
6. New Age Doom – When Even The Nothing You Had Was Taken Away 07:32
7. Nico Guerrero – Horus Rising 09:49
8. Rhys Chatham – Slow Rotation Suggesting Permanence 08:30
9. Six Steps Above the Earth – Darkness Always Comes First 08:42
the second collection of dark, distorted guitar and other string drones for those into doom, power ambient and drone metal with an experimental edge.
released October 23, 2020
cover photo by Darius Ciuta