Kim Cascone (December 21, 1955) is an Italian American composer of electronic music who is known for his releases in the ambient, drone, industrial and electro-acoustic genre on his own record label, Silent Records. I hightly recommend you to read his essay: The Aesthetic of Failure.
Silent Records: Silent Records
Dark Indicator II – a collection of guitar & string drones by Various Artists, Silent Records, 2020 on #neuguitars #blog
1. CZLT – Junkyard: Chapter Zero 08:36
2. Gerard Pape – Cello, Double Cello (for Jean Baptiste) 08:21
3. Glenn Weyant – Mictlantecuhtli 10:06
4. Kawabata Makoto – The Dark Side of the Moon River 11:52
5. Khem One – Heliodronus 06:18
6. New Age Doom – When Even The Nothing You Had Was Taken Away 07:32
7. Nico Guerrero – Horus Rising 09:49
8. Rhys Chatham – Slow Rotation Suggesting Permanence 08:30
9. Six Steps Above the Earth – Darkness Always Comes First 08:42
the second collection of dark, distorted guitar and other string drones for those into doom, power ambient and drone metal with an experimental edge.
released October 23, 2020
cover photo by Darius Ciuta